Relate Bournemouth, Poole & Christchurch is no longer in receipt of government funding. We ask for a contribution of £45 for an initial consultation and ongoing counselling appointments are £55 per session. Please note, the cost is the same whether it is via webcam, face to face or telephone.
If finances are a barrier for you receiving support from Relate, please do speak to one of our friendly team and we will let you know the options available to you.
Counselling rates for self referrals (webcam, face to face or telephone):
Couples Counselling (Initial Consultation) £45
Couples Counselling sessions (ongoing) £55
Individual Counselling (Initial Consultation) £45
Individual Counselling (ongoing) £55
Psychosexual Counselling (initial Consultation £45)
Psychosexual Counselling (ongoing) £55
Family Counselling (Initial Consultation) £45
Family Counselling (ongoing) £55 (subsidies available for low income families)
Children & Young People's Counselling (Initial Consultation): £45
Children & Young People's Counselling: £55 (subsidies available for low income families)
Mediation Information Assessment Meeting: £50 per person
Child arrangements only Mediation: sliding scale (income assessed) between £90-160 per person
Finance & Property only Mediation: sliding scale (income assessed) between £100-£170 per person
All issues Mediation: sliding scale (income assessed) between £110-180 per person
Child Consultion: £40 per child (30 min session)
Please note, all fees include the drafting of Mediation Agreements where applicable.
Our Mediator can support eligible Legal Aid clients and we can offer subsidised rates to those on low incomes. Please contact us directy for further information.
Separated Parents Support Sessions:
1:1 support session for parents: £55
1:1 Parent Support Session followed by an assessment and 6 family/ individual counselling sessions: £440
Please enquire re access for clients on a low income.
Funded Counselling or Bursaries
We offer funded and part-funded services with the following partners:
- Royal Navy & Royal Marines Charity - relationship support
- Seafarers - Fisher fleet and Merchant Navy personnel and families - couples, family, young people counselling or psychosexual therapy. This applies to Merchant Navy, Fishing Fleet and Sea Cadets.
- Royal Air Force Benevolent Trust - relationship counselling for those in the RAF
- Bank Workers Charity - relationship support
- Chartered Accountants Benevolent Association (CABA) - relationship and family counselling
- Charity for Civil Servants - relationship counselling
- Grocery Aid - supporting personal and family relationships for past and present employees from the grocery trade
- Carers (under 16) - funding available via our centre for young carers *subject to eligibility
- Low income individuals / families (including children aged 11+) adversely affected by Covid19 *subject to eligibility.
- Schools - please speak to your school about the possibility of funded schools-based counselling